Friday, February 10, 2012

Alumni Testimonials

The impact of PEPP is best expressed through the words of our alumni. Here are a few examples of the wonderful feedback we have received over the years:

“This program was amazing for me! All of the shadowing experiences, hearing the personal testimonies of doctors and students, as well as learning about my future (all the while establishing life-long friendships) could not have been better. There are very few programs that could even come close to having such an effect as this did. PEPP was extremely organized and helped me to have four of the best weeks of my life as I learned about pre-med and pre-dental both inside and outside of the classroom. It has definitely piqued my interest and will leave a lasting impression! THANK YOU!”

“PEPP is an amazing program and has definitely had a huge impact on me. I feel 1000 times more prepared for college now academically, socially, and emotionally. It helped me get to feel comfortable being independent as well as balancing my time. I believe this program helps develop students into adults, therefore, preparing them for their future.”

“I have really enjoyed my PEPP experience! I loved meeting and interacting with all the health professionals. This experience has definitely encouraged me to become a doctor and has shown me the steps on how to get there.”

“The PEPP Program was very instrumental in helping decide the career path I am best suited for. It also helped develop lifelong resources and friends that can be used for guidance and help.”

“PEPP is a once in a lifetime experience! The fact that most of us are from small, rural areas means that finding shadowing and pre-college programs is extremely difficult. The program is four weeks that alter the participants’ entire lives by helping us make huge career decisions.”

“PEPP introduced me to so many people who are living examples that the sky is the limit and in life there is no reason to settle! Also, I don’t come from a very supportive family, so I really needed this time of encouragement, support, guidance, and networking.”

“Unlike most summer programs, PEPP met and exceeded my expectations. I didn’t realize how much one could truly get out of a four well camp. I now feel better prepared for college and I have more confidence in myself for becoming a physician. Thanks PEPP!”

“PEPP has had a huge impact on my life! I feel more prepared for college and am more driven to succeed in life. Without PEPP, these things would have been difficult, if not impossible. I owe a great deal to PEPP.”

“This summer I learned a lot, but mainly I want to touch on what I learned about myself academically. It was an eye-opening trial run, which got my priorities in check. I learned that when I start college in the fall, I will definitely have to step it up! I need to make a study schedule and stick to it. About myself, I learned that my dream of becoming a physician is far greater than I realized. Being around so many physicians, med students, and residents all summer made me crave that future for myself! Because of PEPP, I know I am headed in the perfect direction for my future!”


No comments:

Post a Comment